Saturday, August 7, 2010

Relay For Life....Team Sutherland!

This is the first year that we have done the relay for life, and man o man was it FUN! We started at about 5:30 friday night and went till about 7:30 Saturday morning! They had tons of fun games, sweet ceremonies, oh yes and not to forget, a little ZUMBA! We laughed and cried the whole night! The kids even had fun and slept in a tent. One person from our team had to be on the track at all times, so we walked in shifts! Our team was the shiznit!!!

We were walking for Casey, John, Grandma Janice, Papa Jimmy and in memory of the one lady whom I miss so very much...Grandma Steiner! Grandma died from breast cancer on July 18th, 1997...one of the sadest days of my life. I have been thinking about her a lot lately and how much fun we used to have at her house. The things I remember most about her are...sitting on her lap for hours and hours, watching america's funniest home videos, jumping on the bed and her saying she was going to paddle our bottoms with a wooden spoon! She always had lots of food for everyone that came over, and my favorite...ice cream cones! She had a fun clothes shoot that we climbed in all the time. We used to ride down her stairs on sleeping bags...so FUN! She was always taking pictures, we even burried her with her camera. The list goes on and on! She was one amazing lady, the most loving and caring person I've ever known. I miss and love her so very much!

Here is the Luminaria bag Rachel, mom and I made for her! The Luminary ceremony was really sweet. They turned out all the lights and had little tealights in all the bags that were placed around the track. On the set of bleachers across the football field they had lights that said HOPE then later in the night changed it to CURE. I forgot to grab my camera but it was heart wrenching as they read the names of all the survivors and those who have passed on.





They had lots of stuff they raffled off. Mom and grandma both won Bella bracelts (which they were so happy about..not!) John won a fishing pole and a golf package, and Jason won this sweet bike! I swear he is the luckiest guy...he has won a ton of stuff here lately! Here is Chandler, Tyrell and Rachel acting like little kids on the bike! Ha Ha!

LOVERS LEAP!! Ferrin and I were the BOMB at this game....ok so we got out in like the 4th round, but we still had a blast! In the one that says "so dang funny" we were laughing so hard cause were suppose to be holding each others legs but as you can see it didn't quite turn out that way! We about wet our pants cause we were laughing so hard! I just love this girl! Mom and Shelby did pretty good too!







What a fun way to pull an all nighter! All in all I think I ended up walking about 7 miles! Man were we sore, but it was worth every step! Thanks Jan for working so hard to put our awesome team together! Oh yes and how could I forget the yummy breakfast the Lions Club made for us...it was dang good!

3 comments:

Jan said...

What a awesome night!!!! I have the BEST Family ever!!!!! I have not laughed that hard in a long time watching you Ferrin, Lori, and Shelbey in lover's leap...All the kids were such little troopers, I LOVE them so much....I also miss Grandma Steiner, She was an amazing Lady. I always felt she was my grandma to.

The Mitchell's said...

Jan your the BEST and yes we do have one AWESOME family! I love how we all get along so well and just love each other for who we are and dont judge!! My kids think the world of you and your family! You are all always helping out in anyway possible! I think your an amazing person and you always bring a smile to everyones face you come in contact with!!! I LOVE YA TO PIECES!! :) :) :)

Worwood Family said...

LOVERS LEAP!!! LOL.....that will be a classic FOREVER!!!! SO much fun! It was such a fun night. An emotional one too! I just love ya to pieces!!! :)