Sunday, August 1, 2010

Looking back....

Chandler and I purchased us a new camera and as we were going through the memory card we came across some cute pictures of the kids when they were younger and thought it would be fun to see how much they've grown. I cant believe it, where has the time gone?!? I had a hard time chosing my favorites cause they are all so CUTE!!

As I think back to when I was pregnant with McKall the only thing I can remember was how dang sick I was! When Chandler first asked me how many kids I wanted I told him 8! Then just after I had McKall he asked me again and I said, one is good!! She was a tough one to get here, although the labor part was pretty easy, it was the whole 9 months that my head was in the toilet or I was getting IV fluids at the ER. I remember holding her for the first time though and the special feeling I had knowing the Lord trusted us with her. The first time our eyes met we had this special bond that can never be broken. She seems so grown up to Chandler and I these past few weeks. I just cant believe how time goes by so quickly. She is such a big helper and so determined to do her best at everything she does! We have one smart cutie on our hands. I do have to admit though she can be a little hot head at times, but for the most part she's a little sweetie and has such a soft heart! We love you tons "Kalwee bug!"



Wyatt didn't give me such a hard time during my pregnancy with him, but I still had my head in the toilet a lot! The labor part was so very easy. Dr. Bailey my OBGYN and whom I work for now was so laid-back and relaxed, everything just went so smooth. While I was pregnant with him I thought to myself, how can I love another child as much as I love McKall. I held this sweet boy for the first time and had so much love for him there is no explanation! He gave us a little scare at first though. He just wasn't breathing right and I knew something was wrong. I told the nurse and she took him and they got him all checked out. His poor little lungs just weren't quite ready for this big world. The next thing I knew they were calling the ground life-flight to come get him. I will never forget the feeling I had, my heart had never hurt so bad in my whole life as I watched them take my baby. Chandler was able to go with him and that helped ease the pain. My dad gave him and I a wonderful blessing before they took him and I knew everything was going to be ok and it was. He spent a few days in the NICU at Utah Valley, and then we were home for Christmas! His lungs still give him trouble these days and he's been diagnosed with asthma but other than that he's one healthy dude! He makes us laugh on a daily basis, and I swear he's the most accident prone kid I know!! ha ha! He is so very special to our family and brings so much joy to our lives. We love you tons Mr. Wyatt Man!

3 comments:

jan said...

oh how sweet, thanks for sharing, I remember those moments. Prayers are always what get us threw this life...you have a special little family and I Love you all!!!

Worwood Family said...

Your kids are so cute and started out so cute!!! Thanks for such a sweet post :)

*~MJB~* said...

Oh my gosh you have such cutie's! They have always been adorable and I'm sure they always will be! Super cute pictures!