Friday, August 19, 2011

Fair days...

were lots of fun this year! Yummy food, stinky animals, the kids both rode a sheep and the Derby just plain rocked our socks off!!!
The pictures of them riding sheep are not the greatest. My camera is not top of the line by no means and has a hard time focusing, but they'll work! Anyways they were both so dang excited to do it, it's all they talked about the week before. Wyatt went first and forgot what dad told him..."hold on tight!" It was so funny to see him come out of the shoot just sitting on top of the sheep not even holding on to it, the sheep taking off and then him flying off the back end...hard to picture, but seriously so funny!! McKall told Chandler when they got next to the sheep, "dad I really dont want to do this," he told her it would be fun and that she could do it! She said, "ok I'll do it but I really dont want to, but I will!" She wrapped her arms tight around it's neck, went a little ways and face planted it right in the dirt...she was about to cry but toughed it out! They both got a little treat and are positive they wont do it again next year! We'll see!



The Derby was so much fun! I'm not gonna lie though, at first we thought it was going to be the worst time ever...it was dang hot and my feet were so swollen. I was not a happy camper. Then this HUGE wind/lightning storm came rollin in and they made eveyone exit the arena for a bit while it passed. It was NUTS! There was garbage everywhere and it looked like a tornado had hit little ol Nephi....craziness! They let everyone back in, it cooled right off and my "cankles" went back to normal....it was nothing but a good time after that!!

1 comment:

*~MJB~* said...

Haha! I love those pictures of them riding the sheep! They are hystarical! The Derby was pretty insane but definitely memorable!