Sunday, May 29, 2011

Here we go again....

These past couple months have no doubt been a rollercoaster for us Mitchell's. We had a little scare on Friday May 13th....yep Friday the 13th was very much a scary day for us. We took McKall to the doctor with what we thought was a viral infection and thought for sure they would send us home with some medicine and say it just needed to run it's course. We weren't so lucky :( Instead of home, it was yet another trip with our little sweetie to Primary Childrens. This time it all happened so fast and once we found out it was her appendix we were in a huge rush to get her up there. I honestly didn't realize how scary this all was until we asked Dr. Rosenbeck if we could run home and grab a change of clothes. He said, no, you need to get her up there NOW, and as fast as you can without wrecking or getting a ticket. Oh man, this was not good. All we had time for was a quick blessing, which Chandler did an amazing job!
On our way I had remembered praying my heart out the first time we took her to Primary Childrens and everything turned out okay. All I could think this time was PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bless that her appendix had not perforated yet and that my little gal would be okay again. Chandler and I were quite scared but McKall was so brave and strong the entire time. Her fever got way high and she was so thursty but could not eat or drink anything until they were done with the surgery. She did so well and it was a huge relief when Dr. Black told us they had not ruptured yet and we caught it just in time. FEWWW, THANK YOU DR. ROSENBECK! Had they ruptured, they said we would be there about 6 or 7 days getting her anibiotics. We were only there 3 days and she didn't have a whole lot of infection. The nurses and doctors were amazing and McKall loved all the attention she got from them! And not to forget her favorite, the wagon, she LOVED it!
We got home and she had lots of sweet visitors that brought her some fun goodies!! She was able to dance in the revue and go to her preschool graduation that same week (which you'll see a couple posts back) with no problems at all! What a tough little gal!
Here I am, yet again THANKING my hubby, my mom, my dad, and my amazing sister whom I could not go through these hard times without. We have had so much help lately from some really awesome people. Still to this day we go to church or work or the grocery store and have lots of caring people ask how we are doing. It's so good to say, we are doing GREAT!! Now it's my turn....I pray every day that the Lord will help me know who I can be of service to and help in any way I can. I think it's high time us Mitchell's get a break from hospitals until October!!! ;)
Sorry these pictures are not the greatest...they were taken with our cell phones.

3 comments:

Sherra said...

YIPPEE! So excited for a little boy :) And I'm with you - you guys have had your fair share of hospitals lately! Poor McKall - I hope she has recovered and is going to be able to enjoy summer now! I hope you are feeling good too and aren't having too many headaches :( They stink really bad! You have such an adorable family - makes me long for when my girls were little....

Molly said...

Poor Mckall :( That's too bad she's been having a rough time. You sure have a cute little belly in that picture!!

*~MJB~* said...

You all are such troopers! I admire your strength! Love you guys! :)